PE + Sport Premium
We pride ourselves in the range of sport, outdoor and adventurous activities we offer pupils. We have many extra-curricular events and aim for 2 clubs a week being sports based, e.g. cricket, dodgeball, dance.
Through our local consortium of schools and a wider group of Allerdale schools, pupils have opportunities to compete in a range of competitions, including tennis, kwik cricket, football, hockey, netball and athletics.
Sports funding is a sum of money provided by the Government to enable us to extend and develop the quality of our provision and extend the number of opportunities available to our children, both now and for long-term sustainability.
Our current plans for spending our Sports Premium in 2022/23 include;
- P.E. specialist coaches to support the professional development of teaching staff to ensure the sustainability of quality and provide weekly expert tuition to pupils across the school, including swimming for Y5/6 at Braithwaite.
- Further professional development for staff;
- Playleader training for Y2 pupils so they can make up their own games activities at lunchtimes;
- Further good quality sports resources for playleaders to support their chosen activities;
- Extracurricular provision of cricket, dance, rugby and Mindfulness;
- Coaching and competitions with Cockermouth school for all year groups from Y1-6;
- Multi skills and Kwik Cricket for Year 5 and 6;
- Extending the range of activities our children can try including wheel chair basketball and golf, archery and yoga as part of our summer 'sports week';
- A residential visit to Bassenfell Manor for outdoor and adventurous activities for pupils in Years 3-4 in March 2023 with a day visit for Y1-2;
- Outdoor and adventurous activities for Year 5 and 6 pupils (including paddleboarding sessions in June 2023);
- Swimming lessons and transport for pupils in Key Stage 2;
- A range of P.E. resources;
- Upkeep and running costs of school minibus to provide sustainable transport into the future.