School Vision, Values and Ethos
Loving to Learn, Learning to Love:
Dean School is a happy, caring community where, with the help of God, we nurture and support each other to grow as positive, enthusiastic learners who, with confidence, compassion and respect, can spread our wings and help make the world a better place.
Our aim is to create a community of learners for whom school is just the beginning of a lifetime in learning.
Children and staff alike will be encouraged to care for each other, ensuring that the well being of all is paramount in making sure that all are ready to learn. All staff will lead by example as we continue to develop in our own learning.
Lessons will be practical and stimulating where children will always know what good learning looks like. Our curriculum will offer many creative opportunities to develop children’s imagination and connections with the wider world, but will always be grounded in an excellent knowledge and application of the core skills of Literacy, Numeracy and Science.
Children will have a strong sense of their own identity, their value to the world; RE and collective worship will provide many opportunities to develop this.
At Dean Church of England School we strive to:
- Provide a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum so that all children achieve their full potential.
- Maintain the happy, caring, Christian community of our school.
- Recognise and respond to the needs of all children.
- Support the local community and environment through good communications and the development of positive relationships.
- Encourage the skills and experiences of staff, parents, governors, the church and the wider community.
- Continue to develop the school’s facilities to meet the needs of the whole child