The facility is available for hire for private individuals, groups, organised activities, parties etc. Hire charges can be as little as £3 per hour for the Arts foyer and £6 per hour for the Sports Hall. Hire charge is dependant upon activity, group size, group type and duration of hire.
Contact us to discuss your particular requirement and to check availability.
Hirers must comply with the Conditions of Hire below:
1) The hirer must be an adult, i.e. aged 18 or over and shall ensure that persons using the premises do not behave in a manner that adversely affects the health and safety of themselves or others.
2) The Hirer shall be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care and safety from damage.
3) The wearing of footwear likely to cause damage is forbidden. Persons found wearing such footwear will not be permitted on the premises. Any damage caused by incorrect footwear must be rectified at the Hirer’s cost.
4) The Hirer shall be responsible for the supervision of car parking, and in particular ensuring that the public highway is not obstructed.
5) The Hirer shall ensure that the stage is not used unless prior permission has been given by the Management Committee and that the details are recorded and signed off in the Stage Record Book.
6) The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises.
7) The Hirer shall not allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything or bring into the premises anything that may endanger the premises or any insurance policies in respect thereof.
8) The Hirer must ensure that access to Fire Extinguishers is not impeded and that Emergency Exit routes are not obstructed.
9) Motor vehicles must not be taken on to the School playing field.
10) No smoking is allowed on the premises or in the school grounds.
11) The Hirer must enter the details of any accident or injury to any person in the Accident Report Book, kept in the Kitchen.
12) The Hirer will be responsible for obtaining licences that may be needed e.g. performing plays, public dancing, music or other public entertainment of a like kind, games of bingo and the consumption of alcohol.
13) Alcohol must not be sold on the premises.
14) At the end of the of the Hiring, the Hirer shall ensure that the premises are left in a clean and tidy condition with:
- Any contents or equipment used replaced in their usual position
- All lights and kitchen equipment switched off
- All external doors securely closed and the main entrance door locked
15) All functions shall cease not later than 10.30pm.
16) The Management Committee reserves the right to make an additional charge to the Hirer in respect of:
- Cancellation of a booking at less than 24 hours notice
- Late payment of a Hire charge
17) The School and the Management Committee cannot accept any responsibility for any
property left by the Hirer or their representatives on the premises
18) The School Governors and the Management Committee reserve the right to cancel any
19) The School Governors and the Management Committee shall not be responsible for the loss
of or any damage to any property whatsoever or death or injury to any person whatsoever.
Hirers are advised (or may be required) to provide their own insurance against liability
towards the public and their own employees in this respect.
1) Unless other arrangements are agreed, payment is due prior to each session taking place.
2) All cheques should be made payable to ‘Dean Sports & Arts Facility Management Committee’
3) Please see current leaflet for charges.
4) There is a 14-day cancellation notice required on all contract session bookings